Christianity and Praying
Hope Africa is an International Christian Charity dedicated to bringing biblical hope to people in Africa. Our commitment is based on the love of God and the uncompromised Word of God. We believe the bible is the living Word of God and that the anointing and the anointed one, Jesus Christ can bring shalom (wholeness, joy, peace, healing and prosperity) to every person's life. We are committed to praying and we believe that God is bringing change to Africa. Our assistance is provided irrespective of the religious beliefs of the people we work with.
The Bible underpins Hope Africa's work. We ask you to stand in prayer with us and to believe God for increase, opportunity and open doors for Hope Africa's work and an end to sickness, disease and systemic poverty.
- A new commandment I give you that you love one another, as I have loved you that you love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13 : 34 – 35)
- God's desire it to love you with all of his heart and mind and soul. He loves us so much and he wants us to walk in love and enjoy an abundant life.
- Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (James 1: 27)
- Hope Africa's vision is based on loving and looking after orphans, widows and the whole family. We ask you to partner with us and bring God's love and hope to people in Africa.
- This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. (1 John 5: 14 - 15)
- "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" (Proverbs 3:5, 6).
- Don't assume you know everything. Trust God. Acknowledge Him in everything, and let Him show you what to do.
- "He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack..." (Proverbs 28:27).
- When you give to the poor, you're lending to God, and He will repay you with abundant blessings.
- "There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat" (Matthew 26:7).
- Be willing to sacrifice what is precious to you for the sake of the Kingdom of God. When you do, you will receive much more in return for what you have given.
- "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe" (Proverbs 18:10).
- There's power in the name of the Lord. Righteous people call on Him for safety from harm and danger.
- "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh" (Proverbs 4:20-22).
- The key to a long, vibrant, and healthy life is the Word of God. When the Word of God is continually before your eyes and in your heart, your spirit, soul, and body will rejoice in optimal health!
- "We are more than conquerors through Christ who loved us" (Romans 8:37)
- So if our lives are submitted to Christ and are in line with His Word there should be no areas that we cannot conquer and take authority over.
- Jesus told the disciples that they would receive power when the Holy Spirit came upon them. (Acts 1: 8)
- The Holy Spirit is Gods provision of power for us to be winners and that power source is available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week - Hallelujah!!
How to become a Christian
- The bible says that "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
- There is nothing that we can do on our own to restore our relationship with God. That is why He sent His son, Jesus, to die for us, taking upon Himself the punishment for our sins in order that we might walk freely. However, we all have a choice to make. We can choose to accept that we are sinners, which simply means that we have missed the mark, or we can go on living our own life, never experiencing the tender mercies and goodness of God's heart towards us.
- The Bible tells us we must then confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead and we will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
If you would like to know Jesus for yourself, receiving his Lordship in your life, living according to His Word and being put right with Him, you can pray this simple prayer.
Father, thank You for sending your son Jesus to die on the cross on my behalf. The Bible says that if I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved. I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and believe in my heart that You raised Him from the dead and therefore I am saved. I ask Your forgiveness for all my sins, please cleanse me from all sin and give me a brand new start. Come into my heart and fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I choose to live for You for the rest of my life. In Jesus name, Amen